Find the PS3 IP Address
What is an IP Address
An IP Address is a unique set of numbers assigned by your router. Each wireless device on your wireless network has to have it's own IP Address. This way the packets of information can reach the right location.
Why Find the PS3 IP Address
It can become necessary to find your device's IP address. For example, if you want to setup a port forward in your router for your PS3 then you need to know the PS3's IP address.
Find Your PS3 IP Address
- Begin by going to the PS3 Dashboard by pressing the center PlayStation button.
- Select the Settings option. It will have a Toolbox icon above it.
- Then go all the way down the list that appears and click the option of System Settings.
- Now select System Information.
Once you are on this new page, locate the IP Address. In the example above, the IP Address is the second from the top.
- To learn more about IP addresses you can check out this guide.
- If you need to figure out how to find your router's IP address this guide can help.
- You can find the user manual for your router within our router guides.
- To learn about what a port is visit this guide.